Sunday, July 18, 2010

Personal Energy

This coming week should be a humdinger. The fight between bulls and bears, the debates between inflation and deflation and the non-stop arguments between liberals and conservatives. My best advice: turn down the volume. Give people a chance to be heard.

With that, I'd like to suggest my idiom for the week: there are only two types of people: those who sap energy and those who create energy.

I'm going to spend time with my niece who turns 9. Can't wait to be around all those kids. Why? Well first, I have absolutely no responsibilities to watch or supervise them. That leaves me to soak up the sun and their energy! By the middle of the week, I'll be working in the wood shop, feeling like a 17 year old, creating a shop environment conducive to producing exactly want ever rocks my boat.

The morale: it's ok to absorb some energy of others if you are committed to multiplying it going forward!

1 comment:

  1. News flash--you may FEEL 17, but you still won't BE 17. Life's hard lessons...

    ReplyDelete