Friday, August 24, 2012

My annual Blog?

What purpose does it serve to only blog once a year?

Well, just maybe, it reflects my disgust with all the bloggers, talking heads and noise out there!  Yes, it is election cycle 2012.  Absolutely nothing new about any of it.  Just replay 2010 and 2008.  Same noise and for the most part same mouth pieces.

Too much noise.

Another year and let's see if I added anything to my base of knowledge.

I learned how to make wood glue.  More specifically, hide glue.  Yes, it is a little messy and perhaps even a little disgusting. How disgusting?  Think about bones, cartilage, tendons and urea-boiled!  The problem with it, besides the oder, is that it isn't very water resistant.  Yes it works but it may not be up to the task.

That brings me to the missive for this mid year blog: sometimes, store bought glue is simply better and sometimes professional investment advise is best. You have choices. Knowing when to seek out the right resource is often most important.

And for the rest of this year, I'm suggesting that you do just that.  Cool your energy to buy what appear to be deeply valued large caps.  Stop chasing momentum.  This is the time to learn to make better glue and find better advisers.

I'm adding Elliott Gue of Investing Daily and Jeff Miller of A Dash of Insight to my must read list. Just Google their names and join their mailing list-it's free.

No comments:

Post a Comment